Thursday 28 August 2014

Week 6.4 Example of a teacher report back, writing with a class in 2013 from Nikki Steyn from Crawford Preparatory School in Pretoria

This is Nikki Steyn from Crawford Preparatory School in Pretoria who sent us some humorous captions for her photos depicting the emotions of an ICT teacher helping her students to prepare their stories!

Nikki says, “I am from Crawford Pretoria. I am the ICT teacher for the grade 0-3’s. Your team had a wonderful idea about this African story book project! I did your 4 week course, but I admit I wasn’t able to read/participate in all the posts. I am still busy with my own story, which will hopefully be completed before the 21st. However, I got my kids (my grade 2’s and 3’s) to participate in this storywriting challenge. I call it a challenge as that was what it turned out for me J Goodness me, I usually over-estimate what I think my kids can do (up till last year I was a grade 4 teacher) and so my ‘new’ kids are always getting really challenging tasks.

Anyways, I’ve attached some photos of what our journey was like. We ‘acted’ out our feelings and frustrations. The photos are all labeled.


Will start emailing some stories on Tuesday to you. Yup, not everyone finished, but it’s okay, it’s given me some great ideas, and I’ve learned more than an eager grade 3 at a brilliant science expo (my brain is busting!).


Thank you again, your team is really wonderful.”

image image
Our last edit
Great work so far!
image image
Let’s read your story
Ah, your story is pretty good!
image image
Argh…how many tmes must 
say ‘Right click and paste.’
Good work you are almost done!
image image
It’s okay. Just click on the undo button
We love reading stories
image
Ugh, what was I thinking! This is too challenging for…

Thank you Nikki. Your Grade 2s and 3s wrote such lovely stories. These can all be viewed on the African Storybook wiki: (http://africanstorybookproject.wikispaces.com/Crawford+Preparatory+School%2C+Pretoria) while we wait for the website to be completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment